Recent Posts

Pages: [1]
Chemicals / Varnish vs. Renaissance Wax
« Last post by gbmcinephoto on May 11, 2017, 12:57:46 AM »
Varnishing has alway been the bane of my wetplate life. I've had so many plates that I love become meh.

Does anybody here use it?

I really love the ease of it.

Thanks for your time,

Gregg McNeill
Falkirk, Scotland
Monetization / Process at events...
« Last post by gbmcinephoto on May 11, 2017, 12:54:03 AM »
I'm curious to talk to any Bastards out there who regularly shoot at events.

How does your process change vs. when you shoot in the comfort of your personal space?

I have a tendency to over pack and try to prepare for ANYTHING. Spare silverbath, spare stock chems, spare chem bottles, tools for fixing everything... I'm trying to pare down to the bare essentials.

What are your essentials and what are the things you used to bring that you no longer do?

Thanks for your time,

Gregg McNeill

Falkirk, Scotland
Your Favorite Pie / Re: tonights pie ( Blackberry)
« Last post by Head Bastard on August 12, 2013, 04:20:37 PM »
But one of my favorites!
Your Favorite Pie / tonights pie ( Blackberry)
« Last post by farmerscott on August 07, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »
  Blackberry pie is kinda like eatting gravel but its well worth it. Shortcrust pastry,  blackberries,  sugar, cornflour or just white flour, and an egg to brush on the crust and spinkle with sugar. Just do it up its that easy.
Your Favorite Pie / Re: homemade
« Last post by Head Bastard on August 06, 2013, 07:53:45 PM »
Dang, Scott--you wing it? For pies -- outside of pumpkin -- I barely trust myself WITH a recipe. Sara, however, wings everything else when she cooks. So, do you have a favorite pie? besides "homemade"?  ;)
Your Favorite Pie / homemade
« Last post by farmerscott on August 06, 2013, 04:36:28 AM »
  I guess when I make pie I don't really use a recipe, I just wing it. I do like to use cream cheese in the making of some of my crust but not all.
Pages: [1]